Spanish course for Primary teachers in Edinburgh
The new 1+2 Languages Policy implemented by the Scottish Government offers SALT Edinburgh a unique opportunity to contribute to promoting the importance of learning foreign languages from an early age. Our experience and profile allows us to offer primary school teachers the tools they need to teach Spanish at primary education level.
Phonetics, grammar, vocabulary, culture and communicative strategies at an elementary level.
Methodology in teaching Spanish for Primary
Methodology tips, tools and resources to teach Spanish to primary school children.
- Courses start at various dates throughout the year.
Winter Term 2014: Two options
At SALT headquarters: 12A Castle Terrace, Edinburgh EH1 2DP. 10 weeks, two-hour and a half weekly sessions. Attendants can choose between these two options:
* Tuesdays, 4.00 pm – 6.30 pm. Starting on the 13th January
(there is no class on the 17th February due to school half-term holidays).
* Fridays, 5 pm – 7.30 pm. Starting on the 16th January
(there is no class on the 20th February due to school half-term holidays).
At your school or institution. We can tailor the course length and format to your needs: intensive, over one term, weekly seminars, etc. In that case contact us on 0131 228 6788 or email@example.com.
- The course content includes phonetics, grammar, vocabulary, culture and communicative strategies at an elementary level + new tools and resources to teach Spanish to primary school children. Course length: 25 hours.
For a more detailed description download this document
All attendants will receive a certificate issued by the Spanish Embassy Education Office.
– Attendance: you must attend at least 85% of the sessions in order to obtain the
– Compulsory assessment: you must complete and submit three assignments in
order to obtain the certificate:
1) Assignment 1: a 100-word written composition in Spanish.
2) Assignment 2: a reflective essay in English on a topic proposed by the teacher.
3) Assignment 3: proposal of an activity/task/project including any of the methodological
aspects dealt with in the course.
You can enrol on-line or At SALT headquarters: 12A Castle Terrace, Edinburgh EH1 2DP.
If you would like to arrange a course in a different venue, please contact us on 0131 228 6788 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also download the information for this course here
Book your course
Times for this course will be announced very soon.
More about the course
This course provides teachers with the tools to develop a sound knowledge of the basics of Spanish grammar, pronunciation, spelling and vocabulary. Teachers will be equipped with the language resources they need to feel confident enough to teach them themselves.
This is not a theoretical course on teaching methods: we use the label ‘small pills’ to refer to the format used in class to present not only language teaching approaches and tools, but also strategies to address particularly problematic features of the Spanish language. These pills will add up to the repertoire of teaching skills and experience teachers already have, and will be addressed through discussion and practical examples.
Teachers will receive guidance on how to design or adapt activities, find new materials available at specialised websites, blogs and resource banks, and make the most of the ones available at their schools.
We think a combination of both is the key for success: knowing the subject and knowing how to teach the subject.
(A 1+2 approach to language learning Framework for primary schools – Guidance for P1)